piątek, 15 marca 2013

Pride and Prejudice


When I saw the adaptation of Pride and Prejudice for the first time I was about 14 years old. I loved this film because it impressed me very much at that time. I was fascinated with role of Elizabeth which was played by Keira Knightley, costumes (especially dresses!) and atmosphere of the British upper social class of  early 19th-century England. I had watched this movie several times and I have even a notebook with my favorite quotationsJ

Then I decided to read the novel. Although I had watched the film first, the book also absorbed me. Pride and Prejudice was to me like kind of fairy tale for elder girls. When I was reading it, I really could project my mind into that epoch - and this is what I like in reading the mostJ

After some time, I watched one episode of that TV serial from 1995 but after my fascination of the film from 2005 it didn’t manage to make me interested because of quality which was much worse obviously. And in my opinion role of Elizabeth wasn’t too convincing.

After all, I still love this story. However since I grew up, I view it from a different angle, so I can notice some essences which I couldn’t understand when I was much younger. I think that the plot is timeless and that is why it is so popular even 200 years after the first publication.


2 komentarze:

  1. So you are a proper fan, then! :) Do you know/like other novels by Austen, apart from this one?

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  2. I read also 'Sense and Sensibility' and it appealed to me as well. I watched also an adaptation of 'Emma' with Gwyneth Paltrow who played the leading role. And I really admired it. Unfortunately I haven't read the book, but maybe I will do it in my free time. Now, when I know English, I can try to read this story in the original :)

    OdpowiedzUsuń